ABOUT CLASSICAL MUSIC DAILY
Music & Vision Magazine, the world's first daily classical music magazine, turned twenty years old on 1 January 2019. To celebrate this important milestone, we launched a completely new website for our online magazine, renaming it Classical Music Daily.
Important new features are:
- Everything published at classicalmusicdaily.com is free to access for everyone, so is no need for logins or passwords to read the latest material.
- This is a complete re-design with easier to use menus etc, whilst still keeping something of the feeling of the old Music & Vision Magazine layout.
- We now publish every day at 12 noon GMT/UTC, which is twelve hours later than previously. This makes it easier to publish reviews sooner of the previous evening's concerts - at least in Europe and North America. There are now two updates to the homepage each day ... the anniversaries section still updates at midnight GMT/UCT.
- The new site is 'mobile friendly' and should adapt automatically to different devices and screen sizes.
- We use a secure server: all inbound and outbound web traffic is encrypted.
- Our substantial archive (of material published between 1999 and 2018) will soon be available in our separate subscription area.
The online magazine also retains most of its important features from previously.
- We keep to a strict daily schedule, with publication of at least one new article each day, 365 days a year, including weekends and all public holidays.
- We take the quality of material published very seriously. All material is professionally proofread, and each article or feature must also be checked by its respective author before publication.
- The daily addition of new material, the high quality and international nature of our features, and our unique policy of illustrating CD and DVD reviews with sound and video extracts, are rapidly building a large, fascinating and valuable resource, and continue to encourage new regular readers.
- Editor Keith Bramich and our fifteen or so regular writers are based in various countries and have various different fields of expertise. We also have dozens of other occasional contributors.
- The magazine has been building a reputation for the range and quality of its writing since 1999. Our readers, many of them classical music professionals, come from more than ninety different countries, and in particular from North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy.
- We have an unusual policy of loading no external advertising or analytics scripts or graphics from other servers. This makes us independent of any other online services and means that our pages are uncluttered, load very quickly and reliably, and that we can guarantee that no cookies are set by our pages.
We welcome articles for publication. View this page for details.