The composer, poet, writer and Music & Vision Magazine contributor Trevor James Hold was born in Northampton on 21 September 1939 and died on 28 January 2004.
Ensemble. Me and my Aunts - A Shakespeare celebration, reviewed by Mike Wheeler
Ensemble. Various Challenges - Music by Trevor Hold, Elgar, Parry, Stanford, Delius and Vivaldi from the Derwent Singers, reviewed by Mike Wheeler
No apologies - Peter Dale is impressed by Trevor Hold's new survey of 'The Second Golden Age of English Song'
Listening to 'A Century of English Song'. 'Veira is particularly good ...'
Trevor Hold listens to baritone songs by John Jeffreys
Imaginative variety. Trevor Hold's reaction to Kilpinen's songs
Fresh and stylish. 'Richard Edgar-Wilson gives musicianly interpretations of all works, admirably partnered by the Coull Quartet ...' Songs for tenor
33. A Royal Composer
32. Stravinsky's Final Period Works
31. Bartok's Original 4th String Quartet
30. Strauss's Tone Poem 'Der Hund von die Baskervilles'
29. Elgar: The Missing 'Enigma Variations'
28. Fibich's 'Moods, Impressions and Reminiscences'
27. Schumann's 'Blumenkinderstücke'
26. Chopin's 'Cantate de Noël'
25. Purcell's 'Welcome Ode on Pepys's Recovery from the Bladderstone'
24. John Taverner's 44-part motet, 'The Cryes of London'
Unknown gems. 'Throughout, Varcoe and Benson give musicianly, affectionate performances ...' Two Hyperion albums of Stanford's songs
Trevor Hold pays tribute to the music publisher
23. Gustav Holst's 'Pluto', from The Planets (rev.)
A shot-gun marriage - Trevor Hold listens to the songs of Edward Elgar
22. Esrum Hellerup: An Unknown Composer
21. Rubbra's Comedy Overture
20. Respighi's trittico The Bistros of Rome
19. Charles Ives's Grand Metropolitan Hotel, New York City
18. Reger's Variations and Fugue on a Theme by Satie
17. Fauré's Saxophone Concertino
16. Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta, Billy Budd
15. Berlioz's Études for Piano
14. Schubert's Piano Concerto in A-flat major ('The Unfinished')
13. Beethoven's English Folk-Song Arrangements
12. J.S. Bach's Suite in the Spanish Style
11. Tippett's Easy Duets for Children
10. John Cage's Mushroom Music
9. Malcolm Arnold's Requiem for Olivier Messiaen
8. Debussy's Prelude and Fugue for organ
7. Delius's Evening Canticles
6. Bruckner's Cabaret Songs
5. Schoenberg's Rhapsody on Greensleeves
4. The A.E. Housman settings of Elgar, Smyth and Boulez
3. Messiaen's ballet-music The Wind in the Willows
2. Wagner's String Trio
Trevor Hold has dragged from oblivion some music you will not know. 1. Brahms's opera Tom Jones
Widening the scope - Trevor Hold discusses John Ireland's songs in the light of a new recording